Sorcerer's Symposium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sorcerer's Symposium

A forum for the members of the Hordeside Wizard's Council on the Sha'tar EU

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

[Event idea] Eclipse over Everlook

Go down 
2 posters

Is this worth doing?
Yes
[Event idea] Eclipse over Everlook I_vote_lcap100%[Event idea] Eclipse over Everlook I_vote_rcap
 100% [ 3 ]
No
[Event idea] Eclipse over Everlook I_vote_lcap0%[Event idea] Eclipse over Everlook I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 3

AuthorMessage
Edanna Kal'es

[Event idea] Eclipse over Everlook Empty
PostSubject: [Event idea] Eclipse over Everlook   [Event idea] Eclipse over Everlook Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 7:40 am

The veil between past, present and future is being guarded by the Bronze Dragonflight with a zeal that even that of the Scarlet Crusade. Yes sometimes, forces even greater than Nozdormu himself can make it decay almost into nothingness...

It's all in the mind. A highly perceptive mind, open and eager, a mind that listens, can sometimes - with the help of various paraphernalia - perceive tiny glimpses of things yet to come that have escaped the attention of the Bronze.

The Goblin astronomers from Everlook expect a full lunar eclipse to occur over their town in the nearest future. Such events are known to carry a huge magical potential with them, a potential that can make even the most mundane and down-to-earth mind highly attuned to the signals. And the signals become plentiful, because the dragons' power over the veil waxes as the moon takes on a copper hue and all their power.

On a lunar eclipse a mind who looks and listens can see and hear everything.

Alas! The lack of information becomes information overload! There is so much of *everything* that finding *anything* in the sea of possibilities becomes nigh impossible for a single mind!

Only the one of greatest powers known to mortals may allow us to find the golden fish of truth in the sea of possibilities. The power of cooperation.

Mages, Warlocks, Shamans, Druids, anyone with a glimpse of knowledge of the forces natural and supernatural casting their spells and rituals in concert like a net into murky waters.

In Everlook during the lunar eclipse the future awaits...

((This is an event of endless possibilities. We go, we cast our spells and... and here's where the fun begins! You could receive any sort of information, determined only by yourself! Important future events, foreshadowing of personal affairs, successes, failures, prophecies... but also events that will never happen, might or might not happen, should happen but won't and shouldn't but will! The scale of events is also next to infinite: from huge lore stuff to guild affairs to things most mundane like what your character will eat for breakfast the next day.

Method? Any! A voodoo priest might slaughter an animal and read from its intestines, a druid may adore the moon, a mage will draw a circle with her friends and listen to the songs of the nether. You - the community - decide. After we're done we can go to the local in for a [Cup o' Hot Cocoa] and help each other interpret the messages we got.

The event is scheduled to 25th October (Saturday), at 11 PM. ))

Last edited by Edanna Kal'es on Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Aenor Dawnblade

[Event idea] Eclipse over Everlook Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Event idea] Eclipse over Everlook   [Event idea] Eclipse over Everlook Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 5:19 pm

When I think of it, it's almost amazing how little we comprehend the sky. We look at the stars almost every night; we have prayed to the moon and other celestial bodies for who knows how long – yet even though our current selves have managed to detach from its enchantment, we still cannot see it clearly with our eyes that wish to dissolve and analyse everything.

Perhaps this eclipse will be the time for answers...? Maybe we will find some patterns in the revelations and thus be able to reason some logic behind the mystical power of the sky, or perhaps the revelations themselves will prove some kind of insight? Nevertheless, if I may say, I think that the eclipse over Everlook might be worth studying or just experiencing.
We can never know what we could get unless we try, right?

((Definitely an interesting idea for an event; I support it wholeheartedly. Unfortunately I myself happen to be away on the very same day the event is, but I'll try to get back in time to attend.))
Back to top Go down

[Event idea] Eclipse over Everlook
Page 1 of 1