Sorcerer's Symposium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sorcerer's Symposium

A forum for the members of the Hordeside Wizard's Council on the Sha'tar EU

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

[Event] Ghostlands legacies (Friday 3rd October, 8 pm game time)

Go down 
2 posters

Should the Council take up the task?
Yes
[Event] Ghostlands legacies (Friday 3rd October, 8 pm game time) I_vote_lcap100%[Event] Ghostlands legacies (Friday 3rd October, 8 pm game time) I_vote_rcap
 100% [ 3 ]
No
[Event] Ghostlands legacies (Friday 3rd October, 8 pm game time) I_vote_lcap0%[Event] Ghostlands legacies (Friday 3rd October, 8 pm game time) I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Other opinion (describe)
[Event] Ghostlands legacies (Friday 3rd October, 8 pm game time) I_vote_lcap0%[Event] Ghostlands legacies (Friday 3rd October, 8 pm game time) I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 3

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Edanna Kal'es

[Event] Ghostlands legacies (Friday 3rd October, 8 pm game time) Empty
PostSubject: [Event] Ghostlands legacies (Friday 3rd October, 8 pm game time)   [Event] Ghostlands legacies (Friday 3rd October, 8 pm game time) Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 7:39 am

Excerpt from a letter to Edanna from Grand Magister Rommath:
(...) you may not be aware that in the days before the fall of Quel'Thalas each village, town and spire in what today is known as Ghostlands was called home to at least one wizard of no small skill (I include a short list of their names below). Most of these wizards died during the Scourge assault, some took their leave and never managed to return, thus losing the work of their lives.
Dear miss Kal'es, on behalf of the Magisterium and the wizards of Ghostlands both living and late I allow your Council to help itself to any works of magic, including tomes, spellbooks, research notes, experiments and magic items you might find there. Magisterium's only request is that the Council makes the found knowledge available to non-members by placing in in the common library. (...)

I know, I know, they are using us to do all the dirty work, but I don't think we should lose the opportunity. I know a few of these mages (who survived) and they've been almost begging me to make us go there and retrieve their stuff so that they may continue their work.
As for the dead ones - yes, this sounds like grave robbing but what other option does exist? I can only promise you that if a ghost comes up we'll do our best to make it rest in peace again. Maybe simply continuing their work will do the trick? (Note to self - take a spirit speaker)

I know some of us feel spirits shouldn't be disturbed, so we'll cast a vote on that. I expect those who say yes to appear at the given time! (in the headline of my note, meet near the bridge to Ghostlands).
If you have any other ideas about what do do with the ghosts, describe.

Last edited by Edanna Kal'es on Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Flameweaver

[Event] Ghostlands legacies (Friday 3rd October, 8 pm game time) Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Event] Ghostlands legacies (Friday 3rd October, 8 pm game time)   [Event] Ghostlands legacies (Friday 3rd October, 8 pm game time) Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 7:09 am

I do not think that there is a problem in disturbing these so-called spirits. If anything, they are being disturbed everyday by would-be heroes and adventurers sent to finish off some creature of the Scourge, or by tresspassing wretched. Furthermore, this is not exactly graverobbing. The victim needs to be dead ( and I don't mean undead ), and be burried with it's belongings; also, it would be necessary for us to dig up graves and extract the dead and steal from them, for it to be a proper graverobbing. Since all the previous inhabitants have been murderously slaughtered by the Scouge, never burried, and then have been raised to serve the Lich King and his ilk, I'd rather reffer to their killing as "setting them free", and reffer to the item stealing as "looting a ruin". That said, I do not think there would be any problems regarding our actions.
Back to top Go down

[Event] Ghostlands legacies (Friday 3rd October, 8 pm game time)
Page 1 of 1