Sorcerer's Symposium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sorcerer's Symposium

A forum for the members of the Hordeside Wizard's Council on the Sha'tar EU

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Duelling Club (OOC thread)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Edanna Kal'es

The Duelling Club (OOC thread) Empty
PostSubject: The Duelling Club (OOC thread)   The Duelling Club (OOC thread) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 3:30 pm

I've been thinking about setting up a duelling club for casters of every ilk "For casters to hone their skill in battle in a controlled environment". It's basically emote fights, but less chaotic thanks to rules. Oddly, I remember a set of rules from some random website (probably Argent Archives, but I don't feel like going there and checking). A few minor changes and here are the OOC rules I've come up with:

• Both opponents start at 10 HP.

• The duels are turn-based, the first one to cast a spell is determined via a /roll.

• Three types of spells, quick, medium, slow.

• Quick spell takes effect immediately (1 turn/emote to cast and take effect), deals 1 point of damage to the opponent and cannot be counterspelled (see below). Example: Kentigern creates a flurry of blades made out of arcane energy, which inflict dozens of small cuts upon his foe Gunther.

• Medium spells take two turns (emotes) to cast and deal 3 points of damage. They can be counterspelled between 1st and 2nd emote (the 2nd emote completes the spell and counterspell stops a spell before completion). Example: 1. Adrianna utters a devout prayer to her gods, causing her to radiate with soft, yellow light. 2. Adrianna raises her hand in a commanding gesture, summoning a pillar of celestial fire which incinerates Michaela!

• Long spells take 3 turns (emotes), deal 5 points of damage and are the most impressive. Can be countered between 1st and 3rd emote (the final emote completes the spell and deals damage). Example: 1. Feodoric utters the thirteen foul names of the demon lord Bereklees. 2. Feodoric uses the Black Speech to utter the Incantation of Certain Doom. The sky darkens and wild, demonic whispers can be heardin the air. 3. Feodoric, empowered by his demonic masters opens a portal just above Uskri, flooding him with caustic acid from the vile pits of Kesh-Aser-Dar!

• Counterspells prevent a medium or long spell from taking effect before the spell is completed. Each duellist can couterspell up to 3 times during a duel.
Back to top Go down

The Duelling Club (OOC thread)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sorcerer's Symposium :: Council :: Events-
Jump to: